Saw Stop

You said trippling I just agreed. :~)

Reply to
Leon

No operation issues that I know of, just the extra expense and extra time to swap. Of course if money were no issue, I'd have a much bigger shop with two saw stops - one for dado and one regular.

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

...and a storage area for the extra cartriges, blades and dado sets ;-)

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Aha! You ARE drunk. I said "tippling".

-- Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself. -- Thomas Jefferson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

LOL... Yeah but I know what you meant to say. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

I think that because you don't do through cuts with a dado I think I would not worry too much about tripping that one. But still if you do trip it it is a pretty good chance it actually saved you a log of money and pain.

Reply to
Leon

Cartridge is the size of a sandwich so no problem to store. Not sure what you mean by extra space for blades and dada sets. You need to store those for a saw stop or for a lesser saw too.

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

I think Doug figures he will be the exception and have lots of false trips and will need dozens of extra cartridges and blades on hand.

Reply to
Leon

I'm referring to the extra dado sets/blades to replace the ones destroyed by trips. Don't really need those for my current saw.

My shop is 240 sq ft with: tablesaw with router table jointer planer bandsaw drill press lathe radial arm saw mounted in 16' work table sharpening center dust collector mortising machine disc/belt sander

1' belt sander wall storage cabinets full to the brim

All tools except the RAS are on mobile bases so as to expand into the rest of the gar^H^H^Hshop when the truck and van are moved out (HOA won't allow them to live outside permanently). Not sure there is room for a ham and cheese sandwich.

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in news:91fdaea0-380d-472c- snipped-for-privacy@p21g2000yqm.googlegroups.com:

Can you leave the blade in the cartridge? That would be nice for changing between regular and dado modes.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

IOW, you're saying "Thash what I shaid, diddle I?"

-- Never trouble another for what you can do for yourself. -- Thomas Jefferson

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I thought my shop was small at 560 sq. ft with about the same tools except 2 bandsaws and a lathe. Got so I couldn't get anything done without a clean up which always consisted of building more storage. I just added 360 sq. ft. and am looking forward to rearranging everything.

Mike M

Reply to
Mike M

I forgot the roll around clamp/glue/hardware bin rack.

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Twenty years from the date of filing, not the date of issue. That's usually a couple of years before.

Reply to
krw