Sandpaper - Stearate or not?

I'm in need of discs for my ROS. Looking around Klingspor's site has led to some confusion. Are there any situations where a stearated paper is a disadvantage? I do notice that the coated discs seem to be a bit less expensive, I'm guessing this means lighter paper and/or less abrasive thus shorter life.

Reply to
Larry Kraus

Stearate can cause adhesion problems with polyurethane.

Reply to
J. Clarke

If you're using it for between-coat sanding, you may have to strip the stearates (mineral soaps) before finishing depending on the coating.

Reply to
Eric Ryder

On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 00:21:23 GMT, Larry Kraus calmly ranted:

primer on paper.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- Life is full of little surprises. * Comprehensive Website Development --Pandora *

Larry Jaques