Sand Flea

I saw this at the IWF '04 and thought it was pretty neat. However, at $489 I think I'd save up for a drum sander. It's such a simple machine that I wonder if they wouldn't be better off pricing it in the $250 range. For cleaning up smaller cabinet, drawer and door parts it looks to me like a very quick and clean operation.

Anyone out there used one of these? I tried it at the show and thought it was great - but too expensive.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

Grandpa

Yeah, the name definitely leaves something to be desired. "Sand Flea" sounds cheap to me. Were it my product I'd definitely rename it.

JP

Reply to
Jay Pique

URL? Company Name? Google didn't find anything Sand Flea releated to woodworking.

Reply to
Brikp

The unit you are referring to is a Sand-Flee. The seller of this unit is R.J.R. Studios located in Robbinsville, NJ. Bob Raffo was probably the demonstrator. Their email address is snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net Phone is

609-448-2414. I bought one of these units at the LIWW show last year. I would classify it as a light duty drum sander. Have found that for thickness sanding my Performaxx units are far superior. Nice feature of Sand-Flee is that you can put up to 3 grits of paper on the drum at the same time (hook & loop) for sanding of small parts. Most of the dust is contained within the unit. Don't know of a website for the product.

If you are trying to end up with the same thickness of small parts, the new benchtop Performaxx unit is in the same price range and would do a better job IMHO.

Dave

Reply to
jds