Same Ole, Same Ole!

Since we'd spoke of swings and rockers, recently, I thought I'd pull out a rocker frame I assembled many years ago. I cut the backrest's heart-shaped contour off, to make a different one. Have the rocker (arc) stock glued t ogether. The arms are made of pecan... didn't have any red oak that wide. Might finish it by spring time.

Sonny

In your face cool!

Reply to
Leon

On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 17:13:55 -0800 (PST), Sonny

You've got some real nice live edge timber there. Lot of timber around your place? I did notice that your property is protected by your pet gator. What's his name? :)

Reply to
none

Not so much woodland on the farm. An occasional (lumber appropriate) tree will fall or is fell and is milled. Most of my live edge stock was gather ed, years ago, from hurricane downed trees, from assorted places. Almost all of my other stock is salvaged lumber, also mostly gathered years ago, w hen I was younger/healthier.

We call her Mamma Gator. In that pic, she happens to be in the open rice f ields. There's a slough that runs at the back of the property and there's more than one mamma, back there. Each year, we always see several family' s of little gators. Papa gator is rarely seen.... he's more wary and hard er to spot or photograph.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

i recall from previous posts that you have a big supply of material

is it possible to have too much wood for projects

i suppose but it lowers the cost to produce things when you already have material on hand especially when it was acquired at little to no cost

Reply to
Electric Comet