Sacramento area wood supplier

Hi all, Does anyone know of a good place to purchase hardwoods in the Sacramento area? I will be needing some Red Oak and before going to the Borg stores I thought I would check here.

Thanks. Ed

Reply to
EdV

I'm sure they must have a Higgins Hardwoods in your area. They are a supplier to commercial cabinet shops but you can call in an order and pick it up "will call" or have it delivered. They will not let you pull it yourself because they are not retail but I am pretty sure you can buy from them even as a private citizen vs a business.

Being a commercial supplier, if they really do deliver crap you can send it back but that usually won't happen.

If you ever drive down to the bay area then Plywood and Lumber Sales (Pals) is also a commercial supplier but has a walk > Hi all,

Reply to
SonomaProducts.com

Hughes Hardwoods.

-Zz

Reply to
Zz Yzx

Look at craigslist SFO, you may occasionally find cabinet makers, woodworking shops or contractors disposing quantities of lumbers below market prices. I am new to the Bay Areas and I find the lumber and plywood here are very pricey. I watch craigslist and had bought power tools, lumber and laminate at a fraction what it would cost at the Big Box, including free MDF and drywall. Here are some for you to start:

Jose

Gatos (This look like a good one, posted regularly in craigslist).

luck to you, please do come back and tell us what you find.

Reply to
Turner

Auburn Hardwoods Not open on weekends .

've also bought wood from Hughes
Borg stores ( I will guess Home Crapo & Lowes) There prices are so high compared to real lumber suppliers there great if you need one piece of wood

Aura hardwoods Rancho Cordova Haven't been there for years at one time they had all kinds of hardwoods

Sac Dave