Ryobi RE175 depth adjustment

I wanted to try out the stile/rail cutter I bought from Lee Valley. So I installed it in my Ryobi Router, but it won't come up flush with the router table. After some investigation, it seems that the router is not reaching it's full plunge depth. It's about .25" short. I can't see the router binding on anything, but the depth guage shows I've got about a 1/4" left to go. The table saw (router table) is lifting off the ground and my herenias are popping out when I lift the router, so I don't think it's a compression issue.

Is there a known issue with the springs in the Ryobi router? Do I need to remove them to get my full plunge depth? I don't want to raise the bit the

3/8" I need, as I've got visions of the cutter spinning around the room.

-- B.S. Chomping at the Bit

Reply to
Bill Stock