ryobi bts15

My local Home Depot has a new Ryobi saw on display. It's called a BTS15, and looks like the BTS10, but with a sliding table. The demo that they had setup was pretty impressive for a $169 machine. It has the sliding table, a real throat plate (one of my biggest complaints with all benchtop models), and extension rails for a 20" (or so) ripping capacity. I was in a real hurry, and haven't gotten back there yet to look more closely. Anyone know about this saw? I haven't found squat on the web about it. I'm sure it's the same universal motor, so it'll still be as loud as any benchtop. And there's a lot of plastic (I believe the whole tabletop was plastic!), but it's by far the best looking benchtop I've seen in terms of features...

I'll probably still buy a real contractors saw next, but I have to admit I'm tempted by cheap things. (I know, I know, cry once...) And I move a lot, so portable is always a good thing. :)

Reply to
Jeff

does it have a miter slot? If not then pass, most jigs need that slot. I had a Ryobi BT3000 and the shims fell out of it on the second project I had started. Without the shims the blade couldn't be raised or lowered. You also had to buy an accessory to get a miter slot on one side, you really need one on both sides of the blade.

Reply to
KYHighlander