Router tables - simple vs complex.

You cannot possibly call yourself experienced until you've seen this happen. I watched superman finish a router cut, then lay the router on its side on his bench next to a can of stain. The router was still winding down. He snagged the cord, spun the router over and slit a gash in the can. Superman does things super fast, doesn't pay attention to what he does or what's around him, nor gives any thought to a possible aftermath. And he has excellent hindsight.

Pete.

On the silly things we do;

In a shop I worked in some years ago, another fellow was doing a "G" job to take home. He was drilling a small hole in a bit of wood on the drill press. Instead bringing the quill down into the wood, he used his finger to support the piece from underneath and pushed the wood up. At the last bit of wood, his hand jerked up and he drilled a hole through his finger - bone and all. After freeing himself, he ran into the office holding his finger and yelled "I drilled a hole through my finger". The service manager, who was less than sympathetic, looked over and casually said "What size?".

In all things there is humor - twisted though it may be.

Pete

Reply to
cselby

Thu, Feb 9, 2006, 12:57pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@muthco.com doth query: Comments???

If my router table cost me more than $2 (that's two dollars, U.S.) I'd be shocked. And, I'll be shocked if the next one costs more than $3

- major upgrades on the next one. LOL

JOAT Don't believe everything you think.

Reply to
J T

Sounds by what you said about this guy he must have been building his booster rockets for his "Space Ship".

Reply to
bdeditch

Brian,

Care to elaborate on what add-ons you feel are useful? Sounds like you are picking these based on experience. Since sometines features (or tools) seem good, but you later find you never or seldom actually use them, I'd be interested in your thoughts.

Reply to
abukosky