Router lift for "Metabo" plunge router ?

Does anyone know if Metabo equipment is sold in the US, and if so, under what label?

I'm interested in investing in one of the "router list" plates that might fit, but the fittngs lists don't ever seem to mention MEtabo.

Regards, and thanks in advance for any help, Nigel.

PS: Why aren't such useful bits and pieces availabe in Europe, for crying out loud?

Reply to
nigel

Yes

and if so,

Metabo

I've not see the routers in the US though.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

at one time I had a drill motor made by metabo and sold with a porter cable label on it. I don't know if metabo routers are available in the US under any name- I don't recall ever seeing one. other metabo tools are sold with the metabo label on them, so it might be available here, just not commonly seen. it might be though that one of the routers we're used to seeing with some other label on it is actually a metabo. can you post a link to a picture or some information about the router you have? someone over here might recognize it.

a quick search- is one of these it?

if so I don't recognize it., but then I haven't been shopping for new routers recently....

Reply to
bridger

I'm not sure about this but I swear I've seen something suggesting they made some stuff for Ridgid. I'm about 60% sure about this.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

It's the one in the first link (except I seem to remember it as 1800W model and not 1200. I'm on vacation at the moment so I can't check. Visually identical to the OFE1229 though ...

Reply to
nigel

I guessed they may not be available.

Are there 'universal' lift plates available? Or as close to universal as can be, I guess with a selection of pre-drilles mounting holes, some of which ought to be usable. Are router base plates maybe standardised somehow?

Reply to
nigel

Nigel, The Router Raizer is sold in the UK, here

Haven't checked if it will fit any of the Metabo models. Maybe try a post at

Rgds

Noel

Reply to
Noel Hegan

Thanks Noel, I will get in touch with them ....

Reply to
nigel

Nigel,

Forgot to mention that

do the Jessem Rout R Lift. Haven't used them but be careful as I've read on various forums that they have a habit of charging your card and then emailing you to say that the item you want is out of stock.....

Noel

Reply to
Noel Hegan