Rip question on table saw

This may seem a basic question but the answer eludes me. I want to rip a piece of crown moulding on my table saw to narrow it but I want to retain the same 52 degree slope angle (or bevel). Notwithstanging that I can't bevel my craftsman saw to even 45 degrees, how do I get to bevel this moulding to 52 dgrees?

Thanks for any help.

Rocky

Reply to
Rocky

Stand the board on edge and rip at 38 degrees.

Reply to
bob

Complementary angles are your friends. Learn to think in those terms and all kinds of good solutions will present themselves to you in the future.

Bob gave you the specific answer, but you'll run into this often enough in the shop that you'll want to study on the concept so you can adapt it to other problems.

For example, say you need to put a nice 160 degree angle on the end of your pointy stick. How do you do that on your miter saw? Can't turn the table to 80 degrees.

Just put a 90 degree block on the table, turn the saw to 10 degrees, place the stick against the block, perpendicular to the fence and slice away. Flip the stick over and cut the other half of the point. Voila! 160 degree point.

Reply to
LRod

Thanks to all who responded. The help is appreciated.

I have tried the using an angled block as a jig on my miter saw to get angles greater than 45 degrees and it works. It does make for some interesting challenges to hold the stock while cutting however.

Reply to
Rocky