rigid bandsaw

Bought a 16 inch Rigid bandsaw (demo) and have tried to cut with it. I have aligned the blade set the bearing and alignment block, set the tension. leveled the table etc etc etc but it still will not cut a straight line. I drew a straight line with a square and starting on the line it will wander off almost a half inch to the right on a 4 inch board. Is this the blade causing this??? blade looked good and it was on the saw when I bought it 6 tpi by 3/8th wide. thanks for any help

Reply to
bob kater

There is an adjustment that moves the blade towards you or away from you. If the cut is wandering to the right, the blade may be forward of where it should be. Try to adjust the blade to run in the center of the wheel. Fine Woodworking 173 (December 2004) and Wood Magazine 172 (October 2006) both have articles dealing with your problem.

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

I have it running right in the middle and its is no better at all. you have the link to those articles? maybe try going back beyond center??? It was slightly in front of center but it got no better at all trying it in the center>

Reply to
bob kater

Try the links below. Google bandsaw tuneup for more articles.

?id=2795:-)

Reply to
Lowell Holmes

It's normal for some amount of drift to be there, but not that much. Take the blade that came with the saw and throw it in the trash, get a good blade for it and work from there.

-Leuf

Reply to
Leuf

In addition to the other fine suggestions you might consider buying one of the bandsaw books available. I have the Duginske book and found more tips on tuning than I would ever have thought of on my own. I believe I paid about $18 for it. Now, you can also check to be sure that *both* pairs of your guide blocks are appropriately set (off hand I'm thinking .005) as well as the roller bearings. Also, replace the stock blade. If this blade has had the set knocked off of the left side it will bite on the right and draw the line of cut in that direction. BTW, if you go to

for owner's experiences with tuning up this saw.

Reply to
C & E