Ridgid 1550 Drill press.

FWW liked it. I used to have 16" Delta, which I really liked.

But this thing is pretty amazing for the money.

.0002 run-out. I can't really see it on my dial indicator with a centre bit. Very smooth. Quiet. A LOT of balls for a 1/2HP induction TEFC motor. I have no idea how long this thing will stay that true.

So far, I'm impressed.

Robatoy

Hey dude.... are you trying to stir something else up? I saw you posted this to two threads.

(Just kiddin' here...)

Although on the other one I don't thing they care anymore about drill presses and such.

It reminds me of the old days when someone would complain about Home Depot or Norm, and both threads would get more activity than actual woodworking topics by ten fold.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Can it be used to torture terrorists?

Reply to
TBM

TBM wrote: [snip]

I am no expert on torture, but I think most woodworking tools would be suitable for torture. A beltsander across the nose would get ME to talk! Then again.. if I was forced to watch a Norm video, or forced to listen to Celine Dijon[sic].. I would sell out my country in a heartbeat.

Robatoy