Revised lighting plan

Hi folks,

I revised my lighting plan consistent with comments that were made towards "uniform lighting".

'm not usually a political person, but the way I proceed may be based upon the number of people that don't think the design is "crazy"! It does feature 2 light levels.

I forget how many amps (2*32W each) these fixtures require, but I may take that into consideration too. How many can go on a single 20-Amp breaker (for which I've already pulled conduit)?

Bill

Reply to
Bill

2*32W*13=832W or in a perfect world about 7A (832/120). Double that because nothing is perfect and you're still way under your 20A circuit. Sounds like a plan. Two switches is a good idea, perhaps 1/3 of the lights on one, and 2/3 on the other. If there are no other lights in the garage I'd put one or two on a third switch (all in the same box).
Reply to
krw

Bill wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news2.newsguy.com:

Two or three switches would not be excessive, and if they're in the same box it's easy to hit them all at the same time. Chances are you'll turn on all the lights when you're working, but only turn on a couple of the lights when you need to see enough to get something. (That's how it works for me.)

Make sure you get good quality electronic ballasts for your flourescent lights. I changed out the old magnetic ballasts in one room for electronic ballasts and love the result. The lights come on instantly, there's no hum, and no eye strain from the flicker rate.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Guess I'm gonna rip out some of my drywall to install a multi-switch box... I know Larry J.' will somehow be amused by that. :)

Bill

Reply to
Bill

You finally came around to it, dincha, Bill? LOL!

-- If only he'd wash his neck, I'd wring it. -- John Sparrow

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Put a fixture or two on the switch you already have and install another, old-work, box in a convenient place for the work lights. ...or rip out a little sheetrock. You know how to work with it now. ;-)

Reply to
krw