Reporting that Patio Furniture Spammer

Charles,

> > I just purchased two Adirondack Chairs from Summerseat. As far as the > quality issue goes, Summerseat has a lifetime guarantee, so I would > assume they are fine. Hope this helps. Oh, the also feature a new chair > each month and they are having a winter sale right now of 50% off an > adirondack chair. Cheers! > Russ > Ooops! Their website is
.

If you're going to attempt stealth spam, you really GOT to learn not to spam the same couple of newsgroups serially with the same message. It makes you not merely look like a crooked cheating lying scoundral, which stealth spammers inherently are, but it additionally makes you look insane for having thought it might pass undetected & actually generate sales rather than the ill will your sort of crookedness requires.

Everyone who deplores spammers & deplores lying crooked stealth spammers even more should report "Russ" & summerseat.com at minimum to: snipped-for-privacy@google.com snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com be sure to send all the headers when reporting crooked spammers.

And of course it goes without saying, NEVER buy anything from summerseat.com. Spammers crooked enough to attempt stealth spammers are apt to be crooked in every other aspect of their dealings. The fact that the site sells for an inflated price the type of low-end lawn furniture you can get dirt-cheap from a local vendor in any town shouldn't make it hard to overlook such a cretinish company as summerseat.

When an outfit is this crooked you can't even be sure they exist -- many fake vendors exist all over the web & what they are actually doing is gleaning information to sell to spammers, or might be an identity theft rings, or a credit card theft ring pretending to have a secured site for you to deposit all your credit card info. When discovering someone crooked enough for stealth spam, expect that they could be capable of ANY criminality.

Spammers are not just a minor nuisance. Their endeavors are crimes & they are responsible for diminishing freedoms on the web (because as more & more governments criminalize their behavior, other restrictive legislation tends to tag along & impacts authentic free speech). Their behavior imposes all sorts of hidden costs on all of us. Here's a great page on how to fight these sunzabitches:

here's the part of their FAQ on spam reporting:
the ratgirl

Reply to
paghat

Well, he was responding to posts asking for that information. However - some of the posts were over a decade old. It's the sort of thing a new user of the internet and Google/Groups might not think to check.

Reply to
Ed Clarke

[remainder of stealth spam lecture snipped]

This begs the question of why you posted this to these two groups instead of to rec.gardens (which I restored), the only group where the original appeared.

Methinks there's some stealth spamming of some other kind going on.

I'll leave the application of "crooked cheating lying scoundral [sic]" to someone else.

- - LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

LRod wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

My guess is that seeing as she did properly post the same text to rec.gardens newsgroup 14 seconds after the mch/rw post (and several hours earlier than your reply), that either she hadn't yet mastered the intricacies of her new news client or perhaps ratgirl is no Pied Piper (for shame paggers!) and she had a mouse problem.

Quite possibly you are right. Once you figure out what the other kind is, make sure you call someone with some sense. She could have some nefarious plan to conquer the world. If you stop her, you could be famous. I hear there's still an opening in the Homeland Security Department. That job could be yours.

Sadly I am not licensed by the National Association of Elementary School Hall Monitors to enforce spelling or punctuation rules.

Reply to
Salty Thumb

Hi Ed,

You are right, I did overlook how old some of the posts were, as I am new at Newsgroups, so I didn't think to check. Ooops! Sorry for that. As for the matter of spamming, please pardon me if I sent too many. I was simply trying to return the favor. A few years ago I was trying to buy a new car and someone gave me some key advice that saved me lots of time and headache. Since I was thinking about Spring, and looking for advice on lawn furniture, I thought I might be helpful to participate for once instead of just being a user. Sorry to all the others, especially Paghat .... the ratgirl......about the huge mess I cause to all of you. Paghat, please don't let my mistake ruin your life.

Russ

Reply to
Russ