Remove Blood From Pine

I'm embarrassed to ask, but I got some blood on a pine door that I was installing (my chiseling technique needs refinement). Any tricks on getting a smear of dried blood from a pine door? Rather than painting them, I want to stain them (with something other than blood), so I'd like to remove the blood stain if possible.

Reply to
Buck Turgidson

Have you tried using hydrogen peroxide on it? That's what I used on my shirt to take it off to keep it from staining my clothes.

Reply to
Ace

Hydrogen peroxide. The 3% stuff from the first-aid aisle in the drugstore will do just fine. Don't use the stronger stuff (6% or more) that's used for bleaching hair, as it may bleach the wood too.

The other 97% is water, so it will dampen the wood and raise the grain. Allow the wood to dry thoroughly, then sand the spot lightly, before staining and finishing.

One hand on the chisel. One hand on the mallet. Fingers are safe that way.

Doug Miller

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 09:20:42 -0400, "Buck Turgidson" vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

You have to qualify for the most weird non-spam request....

appreciate your sense of humour and honesty

***************************************************** I know I am wrong about just about everything. So I am not going to listen when I am told I am wrong about the things I know I am right about.
Reply to
Old Nick

First, I guess you're going to have to bleed on a piece of scrap from the door project, so you can test whatever technique you decide to try, before you try to clean up the actual door.

/got nothin'

Reply to
Ray Aldridge

I kinda like the look of bloodwood.

Wayne

P.S. If you have some bloody scrap, try some of the laundry preparation stuff that us supposed to remove blood.

Reply to
NoOne N Particular

Have you checked Roy Underhill's website? Roger Poplin dba snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
RKP51X

But seriously... try hot 5% hydrogen peroxide. Heat it in a microwave until it's hot but not boiling. Daub it on with a piece of cloth or paper towel. Of course, test it on some inconspicuous spot first.

Reply to
Vince Heuring

Vince Heuring wrote in news:180920041045509238% snipped-for-privacy@dimensional.com:

But wouldn't the test logically require a new blood source? ;-)

Patriarch, wondering just how far one should reasonably go to protect pine from peroxide...

Reply to
patriarch

thanks.. one of those questions that pop into your mind but you hate to ask.. lol

Mac

03 Tahoe Widelite 26GT Travel Trailer replaced 1958 Hilite tent trailer 99 Dodge Ram QQ 2wd - 5.9L, auto, 3:55 gears
Reply to
mac davis