Rediscovering the Wheel, repeatedly

I'm sure not all melamines nor glues are the same. I guess I should say, clean up is much easier. Dried up standard yella glue pops right off the melamine in my shop. That doesn't happen with mdf. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

I hear that. I have a home brew kit, but haven't started it, yet. You need a "cool" place to put it for however long, and that's hard to find, here.

Reply to
-MIKE-

-MIKE- wrote in news:kcetr5$iak$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

That's my experience also. Likewise hide glue.

Doesn't happen with Gorilla Glue on melamine, either...

Reply to
Doug Miller

Yep, that's a bone of contention around here ... that, and putting things back where they belong in the kitchen (hate it when I burn a roux because I have to go through a *dozen kitchen drawers for something that's not in the drawer where it was last time).

And the four hundred plastic containers, none with a lid that fits, ranks right up there.

In short, put the girl on stage with a guitar and she'll warm your heart ... in the kitchen, she'll give you heartburn.

(*I've already decided that if I ever build her another kitchen, it will only have one cabinet, and one drawer)

Then again, you gotta make allowances for someone who once flew back (to Houston, TX, in July!) from a gig in Toronto with a huge (so huge it had to be hand carried) windshield ice scraper she bought in the airport????

Which was really no more baffling than recently finding her reading glasses in the dog food bag, and the scoop from the bag in the freezer??

... still trying to figure that out.

One too many X chromosomes apparently makes for a bag of contradictions ... it's why we love'em, right? ;)

Reply to
Swingman

Welcome to my world ... a world where doing just one thing requires sixteen other things to be done first.

Reply to
Swingman

This was TB III not sure what quality of melamine. ;~)

Dried up standard yella glue pops right off the melamine in my shop.

Absolutely! I use a cabinet scraper to remove surface glue.

Reply to
Leon

Which kind of Gorilla glue. Urethane or white?

I can easily get Gorilla Glue White wood glue off providing it is not holding a piece of wood to the melamine. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Maybe 2. One set up for cross cutting and one for rip'n. Maybe 3, a dado set up. Then a bigger shop. And then.......

Reply to
Leon

Naw,,, Hire a lawyer and he gets most of your winnings up front.

Reply to
Leon

Lottery winners typically do not know how to handle money in the first place. That is why they are poor and why they play the lottery.

Reply to
Leon

Leon wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

The urethane. That stuff sticks to *everything*.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Leon wrote in news:Z-adnQRjD- snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Games of chance exist for one reason: to transfer money from people who don't understand probability, to people who do.

Reply to
Doug Miller

+1
Reply to
Swingman

This whole thing was pure poetry. It really needs to go on facebook. hmmmmm..... :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

TBIII- certainly a different horse. The melamine... well, I'm sure it was the "good stuff." :-)

I had a line of about 15 dried glue drops that went from little to big all in a straight line. When I ran my scraper along to pop them off, it sounded like running a mallet down the muted keys of a small xylophone.

Reply to
-MIKE-

Is she a good cook? That has to out weigh many other problems.

Reply to
knuttle

I think anyone who says, "gorilla glue" is talking about the polyurethane stuff. It's like saying "Kleenex." Anyone who says "gorilla glue" when talking about the brand's plain wood glue, needs to be spanked. :-)

Reply to
-MIKE-

If you want to come look through my wife's collection of lids you'll probably find what you need.

What puzzles me is why they buy a raft of containers and then save stuff like empty Cool Whip containers. 'tiz a puzzlement...

Reply to
dadiOH

Remember the little hand-held tile puzzles? There'd be a small flat square maybe 3" on a side with a 4x4 grid and 15 tiles. The objective was to move the tiles around until you got the numbers in order, or made a picture. In real life sometimes all sixteen slots are filled, but the objective remains the same.

Reply to
Greg Guarino

You gotta be kidding ... she's from AR, where condiments, spices and educational materials are not allowed to violate their soverign borders.

Verifiable by current participant hereabouts:

She was recently assigned "steaming" the vegetables for a dinner, with company.

If you can call - 1/4 cup of water in the bottom of a vegetable steamer, with the burner on MAX/BLOW TORCH, then running around a few minutes later wondering where the hell all that smoke was coming from - cooking, then you best believe that if I want to eat, I best cook it. :)

But, keeping in mind that the bass player usually only gets to see the chick singer from behind, she sure did have cute buns ... and there's always restaurants. :)

Reply to
Swingman