Re: Wood putty drying out

Also, after softening it up use Bloxyen to preserve it for a long time. > > >

> What is that stuff and where can you get it?
Reply to
Paul O.

While I use Bloxygen myself, I have never used it for my putty's.... You can get it at WoodCraft. It displaces the air in the top of the cans of paint or varnish and so on type products. It keeps the products that cure in the presence of air from skimming over in the can.

Reply to
Leon

Does that really work for you? I was under the assumption that putty dries out because the solvent in it quickly evaporates an dries out. I personally have more of a problem with the putty drying out when the can is open vs. with it tightly closed.

Reply to
Leon