Re: What has happened to OSB? From 12/12

A friend of mine who works at Lowe's told me that a giant Georgia Pacific mill where the stuff was made burned down.

I'm sure there are other reasons to go with the steep increases as well.

He was PO'd because he's about to start building his new home.

Reply to
nsum

From what I know it was a combination of things.......like last winter the mills cut back because they thought the economy was in a down turn (not as many housing starts) and made less product,(mistake on thier part) and I heard the goverment bought all of Georgia-Pacific`s production n sent it over to Iraq to be used.....guess who paid for that.....so, maybe they will catch-up n produce more this winter, but right now the price is sky-high.......

Reply to