Re: testpost read at your own risk

Testing

Failed. Alt.test and the other dozens of group for this type of thing are over ----> that way.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 17:43:14 -0400, "Brian In Hampton" vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHGRRRGRGRHHHHHHHH!

***************************************************** It's not the milk and honey we hate. It's having it rammed down our throats.
Reply to
Old Nick

Test failed: it landed in rec.woodworking instead of in alt.test where it belonged.

Doug Miller

Failure: the ...1...2...3.... part did not appear as expected.

/rick.

Reply to
RickS

On Sat, 24 Jul 2004 00:38:00 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

In general I agree with this. But I feel that the occasional test to a group like this is needed. I have feeds where some groups worked and others not.

[...]

Oh give it a break, people. I think he tested in this NG because he is a regular poster here and he probably assumed that he would receive helpful feedback not flack.

Reply to
Joseph Smith

That'll _only_ be the case if there's a moderated vs. unmoderated situation. The newsfeed is completely group-agnostic, it's an all or nothing situation. If it seems flaky for one group, it's just flaky.

Of course, posting a real message and treating it as your test message seems to escape many people.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

So, I should welcome his dog crapping in my yard because I know him, is that it?

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Reply to
Joseph Smith

alt.test was devised long before I got here, Joe, and long before you as well, I'd suspect. The problems reasons were equally valid then as they are now.

Reply to
Dave Hinz