Re: Shop Guest

On Tue, 3 Nov 2009 21:33:03 -0800, the infamous "Lew Hodgett" scrawled the following:

>"Mart> >> Coon is a bit chewy and greasy. Most are made into stew or chili. >> So I am to understand from those who have been to a deer camp >> and that was what was in the pot for dinner. Lots of them >> are hunted and eaten around here. > >When I was a kid a guy bought a couple of black and tans to hunt coon. > >Was told he spent something like $5-600 for the pair. > >(!950's money) > >First time out, they rounded up a rabbit. > >Guy shot them on the spot.

Someone smarter might have shown up at the seller's door with rifle in hand to return the dogs for the $2,000 he spent on 'em. ;)

-- "To compel a man to subsidize with his taxes the propagation of ideas which he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

Reply to
Larry Jaques