Re: Referral $$$$$ to your employees?

in any business should be recognized for going above and beyond. Bonuses,

> a gift certificate to a restaurant, etc. goes a long way to building > dedication and keeping interest in doing a good job.

The odd C note paperclipped to the outside of one's paycheck is a nice way to say "thank you for going above and beyond."

Raises don't hurt either. Wow, I miss raises. I've had exactly the same gross income, to the penny, every year since 1999.

Reply to
Silvan

Raises are needed at times, but they should not be used as a reward. IMO, you are expected to do a good job and get a fair pay for it. Cost of living has to be taken into account, added responsibility deserves a raise.

A once in a while extra should get a once in a while reward, not a permanent increase. Once a raise is given, it goes on forever and is difficult to take back. Rewards are appreciated more in most cases anyway, assuming a fear wage to start with. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Not me. My income fluctuates pretty wildly. But then, I work for myself. Downside of that is that I have to work for a slave-driving SOB.

snipped-for-privacy@FreshCoffee.biz

Howard