Re: OT - Bending Z Flashing

Thanks for the replies.

I wasn't aware that I could buy pre-made Z flashing. When looking at the job, a friend commented that it would be nice if I knew someone who could form up a 12 ft. piece of flashing, so needless to say, I got that notion stuck in my head. My fault for not checking it out.

In this case, I only need to flash over a ~ 12 ft. PT 2 X 4 that will be installed below a 6 ft. slider to support the outer part of its threshold, but also used to fill a 3 1/2" gap in the existing vinyl siding. Better to wrap it, rather than paint it.

I never did find the article about it though.

Thanks again, Peter.

Hello, > > I recently read an article somewhere about bending Z flashing using a > piece of plywood. It may even have been one of those "reader tips" in one > of the woodworking magazines. As I recall, you cut out the size of the > bend that you want in the plywood, secure it firmly, and then pull the > flashing through the other side. > > Does anyone here remember seeing the article or know where it came from? I > tried searching for it among the magazine collection and online, but came > up empty-handed. > > I'd also be interested in any other techniques that are used short of > buying a brake machine. > > Thanks in advance to those who post a reply to the group. > > Peter. >
Reply to
Peter Bogiatzidis