Re: Old Craftsman Jointer

Dear Woodworking Group__ My father purchased a Craftsman 113 table saw and a 103 6" Jointer in the 50s. I have both. I semi restored the table saw although I need a blade guard if anyone has one in any shape, I'm interested. The Jointer I recently inspected and the motor fired right up. It has a start capacitor on the bottom which appears to be inside a rectangular paper box. Never seen this before but the motor runs great. The jointer is in great condition but looks like the blades need sharpening or replacing. I see guys say the blades can be bought. Can someone let me know where I can buy new blades? They are 6 and 1/8th inch i think. I just ordered a new motor pulley for it.

Thank you and glad I found this group.

Laurent Bergheim, TX

Reply to
Laurent Perron

Did you ever find a place to order the blades? I'm looking at purchasing one, but don't want to if blades are not available. thanks

Reply to
Jeffrey Boudreau