Re: Doonesbury

Exactly so.

AMEN!

Reply to
Doug Miller

Aren't you the guy who was out of this thread several posts back?

The rest of the world is all idiots, you're the only smart guy here. Got it.

Reply to
DGDevin

There is a sort of foundational problem with this though: It really gets in the way of the widespread instinct so many people have to tell everyone else what to do. (This thread being one prima facia example.)

It never ceases to amaze me that individuals that wouldn't think of sticking their noses into their neighbor's business, are only too happy to do exactly that when the means is indirect by use of their government.

There is some deeply twisted psychology that brings together the people that want to tell you what to eat, drink, smoke, snort, chew, or shoot, how to be married, how to be a parent, what to wear in a car or motorcycle, and of course, how to spend your money. As individuals, humans are pretty decent on the whole. In groups, they behave like obnoxious Nosey Parkers.

I rather like P.J. O'Rourke's quote on the matter -

"There are just two rules of governance in a free society: Mind your own business. Keep your hands to yourself."

Reply to
Tim Daneliuk

I like it. Sewing mail bags, stamping license plates, growing the food they eat makes sense too. Repaying victims is something that is addressed all too rarely.

He's pretty good at repeating urban myths and political propaganda as if it was documented fact too.

Reply to
DGDevin

And yet here you are reading my posts and responding to them like an enraged teenage girl who didn't get asked to the prom. So at the very least *you* care. LOL.

Reply to
DGDevin

Yup, as a rule bureaucracies rarely report to the legislature that they should receive less funding and less power because they aren't really fixing the problem.

Reply to
DGDevin

So in your twisted mind, if one reads one of your posts it automatically means the reader cares? Wow, what a disillusioned ego you have there, Devvy. THEN, out comes the one thing most fore-front on your mind: raging teen-age girls. Best you get that checked by a shrink before you do something illegal.

Reply to
Robatoy

And here *I* thought YOU, Devvy, were the only smart guy here. You sure try awful hard to come out 'on top'..even 'on top' of useless arguments. Idiot.

Reply to
Robatoy

Is the concept of "irony" in your lexicon, Robotboy?

Reply to
DGDevin

When somebody whose fingers I stepped on recently is still so pissed off that he follows me around in threads he otherwise hasn't participated in just to repeatedly hump my ankle, I think I'm justified in finding that amusing. And you are amusing, Robotboy, because you take such silly shit so seriously, you're so obviously out for petty revenge--how could that not be worth a laugh?

Hey, knock yourself out, better men than you have called me names and I'm still alive and kicking.

Reply to
DGDevin

Me taking YOU seriously? Don't flatter yourself... there's that ego again.

Reply to
Robatoy

I see it bothers you to be called Devvy.

I was waiting for a tray of stuffed peppers to bake, so I had a little time to waste. So I did a little Googling and lo and behold DGDevin is an asshole in LOTS of other newsgroups too. Same MO, same weak shit, and of course ALL other people are stupid. Doesn't matter what the topic is, Devvy steers it to a point where he can claim (often weak) victory. Devvy likes nothing better than belittling people. Signs of a bully. I LIKE beating up on bullies. They need to be taught a lesson. Most of them, and I have every reason to believe Devvy is one of them, will run away with their tails between their legs, especially in a real time situation.

You're an asshole, Devvy... to the core.

Ooopps.. the oven just beeped... have a nice day, Devvy, I shall not waste any more time today dealing with your transparent weak-ass trolling. ( I said today.. I may decide to tickle you under your chin at a later date.)

Reply to
Robatoy

Underhillite or Krenovian?

Reply to
Father Haskell

Gibbons

the new kid, Esterly.
traipsing through the eurotrash in my well-spent mis-spent youth, I saw a Gibbons carving that floored me. It was a game bird hung up on a peg, and there was a spider web starting to grow over the bird...and a fly on the spider web. I can't find a picture of it on the net - a virtual beer to anyone who can find it.

RicodJour

A word of friendly advice.

Take the hook out of your mouth. Notice how many love to wind you up and then call you namesÉ You have better things to discuss here.

Hey, knock yourself out, better men than you have called me names and I'm still alive and kicking.

Reply to
Josepi

ROTFLMAO!

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

You are, of course, correct. Some drugs make it into the best of prisons.

Since my training, and to my regret, there are now more federal drug treatment centers.

  • Federal Prison Camp, Forrest City, AK
  • Federal Correctional Institution, Fort Dix, New Jersey
  • Federal Medical Center, Ft Worth and a few others.

If you need a specific cite, you can quote me.

How do you think someone in possession GOT to be in possession? Did the stuff miracle itself into his pocket?

In all likelihood, he bought it. With money stolen from somebody else. That stolen money or property is wealth taken out of the community.

Now you would probably argue that the money going to his dealer is put BACK into the community when the dealer blings up his teeth, but this sort of "broken window" economics, so beloved by Keynesians and Democrats, is a flaw of gigantic proportions.

Reply to
HeyBub

Rehabilitation of the offender is certainly one worthy goal. But restoring his rights, in the mind of some, flies in the face of another goal: deterrence.

If the would-be goblin thinks the worst that can happen is to (eventually?) return to his current state, that there is no long-term consequence, he might be persuaded to wear white before Memorial Day or some other affront to the sensibilities of normal folk.

Reply to
HeyBub

I knew nothing about Portugal, so I didn't comment on it. Since you insisted, I looked it up.

EVERY drung illegal in the U.S. is likewise imposes a sanction on the Portugese.

While up to a ten day's supply of a drug is not subject to CRIMINAL penalties in Portugal, people who possess these drugs ARE subject to CIVIL remedies, including fines and incarceration.

You are confusing "decriminalization" with "legalization." Illegal drugs are still "illegal" in Portugal, though only through the civil process.

Reply to
HeyBub

derivatives

Reply to