Re: Desk Top suggestion

Dear Tony,

I have a wide selection of plans for low-stress computer furniture at my Web site. Several are similar to what you describe (the Modern Corner Desk for example).

Please look the site over and get back to me if you want to review any of the plans.

Thanks,

Tom Riley snipped-for-privacy@charm.net

Woodware Designs

out our new Book:

"Look the Future Straight >

I'm in the process of building a simple, large desk top and am curious what >would be the best material to use. Actually there will be two desks, formed >in an ell. One is 28 x 60, the other is 32 x 84. The larger desk needs to be >able to support at least 220 lbs--the weight of 3 21" monitors. One of the >monitors sits near the middle of the span. > >This is actually a rebuild of the same-sized desk which I had build with >3/4" "shop-grade" birch plywood and a layer of 3/4" plywood, edged with >hardwood. I had originally attached the desk directly to the walls but have >decided I don't want to do this now, so I'll use some metal desk legs I >have. > >I had intended to use the 3/4" birch plywood again, but this time laminated >to 3/4" MDF, but in looking through the group I see several threads >suggesting this might not be the best route because of a possibility of >bowing due to the different expansion/shrinkage rates of the materials. Is >this correct? > >A followup question: What's the best glue to use, and is there a way to >ensure solid bonding in the middle of the large panel without using screws? > >Thanks for the assistance! > > >~ Tony Pellegrini >
Reply to
Riley

Let me know if you are still looking for computer desk plans.

All our low-stress computer desk plans are now Free!

Thanks,

Tom Riley snipped-for-privacy@charm.net

Woodware Designs

out our new Book:

"Look the Future Straight >

Reply to
Riley

In article , Riley wrote: [tenth spam snipped] Congratulations, Riley, you've just been added to the TrollFilter.

Doug Miller

And to mine. I couldn't believe he thought that was OK.

Charlie Self "Facts are stubborn, but statistics are more pliable." Mark Twain

Charlie Self

Hey Tom Riley,

Do you know where I could get some free plans to make a low stress computer desk? I know that I read something about it in posting, or nine, on a newsgroup recently but can't remember exactly where it was posted.

Bob

Reply to
RWM