Re: combo jointer/planers?

I had an Inca, it is very overpriced, and a very poor performer. It's very finicky, and requies a lot of TLC, somethng very odd for a $3000 + machine. I replaced it with something similar, but bigger and better, a Felder AD-731, a

12" jointer planer. If you ar elooking for a combined unit, then you have to look at the Euro machines, and I went with the Felder, the heaviest duty of the lot. I have nor egrets at all.

At over 5 grand, it does take some swallowing, but it's perfect, from how they ship it setting up.

If that his too high, then look at the MiniMax. I have thier MM16 bandsaw, and the saw is first ratem, the customer service is first rate, jsut a good product.

The Inca is a Swiss machine now made in France (I shoulda known!!), with an impossibly ovscure manual. Garrett Wade will no longer sell it, so you will have to finda another way to keep it serviced (it needs a lot of that, way too much for a jointer).

Reply to
DarylRos

Hey, I also have the MM16 and I was wondering if I could get a 1/8" blade on it? You ever try that?

Reply to
David P

Nuk,

Lots of stuff >