Re-calibrated my TS

SWMBO was busy last weekend so I had an entire day to do nothing but play in the shop. I'm between projects right now, so I took the opportunity to make all new fences for my shaper, tablesaw, and old 4" jointer. They came out great.

That inspired me check the jointer and TS and make any necessary adjustments. I hadn't checked to see if my TS blade was parallel to the miter slot in about 8 years. It had been working fine, but when I checked, it turned out that the blade was out of alignment by a good

1/32" from the front of the blade to the back! After much contortion and gymnastics, I was able to re-adjust the trunnion and get everything nice and straight.

When I was done, I made a test cut on a piece of pine. The results were spectacular! I had forgotten how clean an edge I could get out of an 80 tooth Freud blade.

I should have done this a long time ago.

Josh

Reply to
Josh

It must be that time of the year. I just purchased a unisaw to replace my contractors saw. It looked so good I figured I had to clean up the other tools in the shop. I got everything tweeked just right and finally got my bandsaw cutting straight and clean. When the tools are adjusted the way there supposed to be everything seems to get much eaisier.

Reply to
sdppm