SWMBO was busy last weekend so I had an entire day to do nothing but
play in the shop. I'm between projects right now, so I took the
opportunity to make all new fences for my shaper, tablesaw, and old 4"
jointer. They came out great.
That inspired me check the jointer and TS and make any necessary
adjustments. I hadn't checked to see if my TS blade was parallel to
the miter slot in about 8 years. It had been working fine, but when I
checked, it turned out that the blade was out of alignment by a good
1/32" from the front of the blade to the back! After much contortion
and gymnastics, I was able to re-adjust the trunnion and get everything
nice and straight.
When I was done, I made a test cut on a piece of pine. The results
were spectacular! I had forgotten how clean an edge I could get out of
an 80 tooth Freud blade.
I should have done this a long time ago.