Re: Another tool ID needed XXII

R.H. did say:

184 - Alien anal probe? 187 - Some sort of line weight. 189 - Modern art. 191 - Bottle opener? 193 - Sheet metal cutting chisel
Reply to
WoodMangler

Ok I have a lock on 184 its a pipe reamer for smoking pipes. As a matter = of fact I need a new reamer wanna get rid of that one ? Puff

Reply to
Puff Griffis

Yes, it's a pipe reamer, I'm not selling this one but if you search for "Kleen Reem" on ebay you'll find a few just like it.

Rob

Reply to
R.H.

If that little concave edge is sharp, then it's a ripping chisel,

Put it in an air hammer and run it down some sheetmetal, such as a car exhaust pipe. The "horn" stops the chisel slipping off the edge of the steel.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Nope

Correct

Could be, but it does have a function

Yes

Incorrect

Nice rule.

Reply to
R.H.

The concave part of this one isn't sharp, I put up another photo of it with a better view.

Reply to
R.H.

Tube end caulking hammer ?

(probably boiler firetubes)

Reply to
Andy Dingley

My source has a different name for them, but it is for working on boiler firetubes so I guess your answer is close enough to call correct. According to a book that I have it's called a beading tool.

Reply to
R.H.

That's not what it was sold for.

Reply to
R.H.

That's my take on it. The only thing that makes me wonder is the fact that the short leg is a little long to me.

Wayne Cook Shamrock, TX

Wayne Cook

It was always referred to as "caulking" when I did it (probably the most horrible job I've ever done that didn't involve animal by-products), but you're right, strictly speaking it would be beading rather than caulking.

Does anyone still caulk boilers ? Can you even do it, if they're in steel plates rather than iron ?

Reply to
Andy Dingley