Re: A QUESTION BEFORE I CUT....HELP!

When I did mine I used a spiral upcut bit.

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Any "sharp" straight cut bit will do fine. 1/2" shank will always be better if you can make that work.

Reply to
Leon

On Sun, 07 Sep 2003 07:05:59 GMT, Dave Balderstone pixelated:

For thru-holes with the laminate DOWN, I hope.

------------------------------ Gator: The other white meat! ------------------------------

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

If you want to make sure that at least the top is chip-free, a spiral DOWN cut bit would be ideal.

If you want BOTH sides chip-free, a spiral compression bit would be ideal.

In the case of a router table top, you should only have laminate on the top side. If you are using melamine, the bottom won't matter anyway.

Keep in mind, you can always use a down cutting blade in a jig saw too. That's how most sink holes in kitchen and bath countertops are cut.

Rick

Reply to
Rick
[snip]

Never heard of a direction on a jigsaw blade? All I have ever noticed are material the blade is made from and the TPI. More info, pls. Thanks.

Reply to
Igor

Why?

djb

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Bosch makes a T-Shank blade part number T101BR. The "R" stands for reversed tooth. It cuts on the down stroke rather than the traditional blade which cuts on the up stroke.

DeWalt makes them in a universal shank for conventional jigsaws which take the universal shank blades.

You can find them wherever cabinet guys buy their tools. All the laminate guys that I know use them.

Hope this helps.

Rick

Reply to
Rick