Cut ridge beam help! !

Hi , I've got a cottage which I've gutted , two of the 4 purlins are cut in half which I am sure should be whole,but what I am concerned about is the ridge beam and supporting it.

The ridge beam is in two parts and directly beneath the join there was a single brick wall which I have removed. The entire roof is supported on half a dozen or so acrow props at the moment but I don't want to put a supporting wall (if that's what it was) back as I want an open planned downstairs and two rooms in the roof space , which there were before I gutted the place.

It's a 250 yr old cottage in Scotland, if that helps!!

Cheers Liam

Reply to
Anonymous