Re: A Powermatic Shop worth seeing even if you don't like Powermatic

On 4/19/2012 9:18 PM, Bill wrote: ...

What's not to like about PM?

--

Reply to
dpb

It is almost all Powermatic, typically no manufacturer makes the best of everything.

Reply to
Leon

That's no reason to "not like" PM as OP implies by the subject line...

--

Reply to
dpb

;~) Delta does not like Powermatic.

Reply to
Leon

Don't forget to use your Pittsburgh Safety Glasses when working in the shop.

-- That's the thing about needs. Sometimes, when you get them met, you don't need them anymore. -- Michael Patrick King

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 12:59:20 -0500, Leon

I have to agree. If I was building a workshop, I'd pick and choose every piece of big iron.

Of course, the shop owner may have received a very good sale price for going all Powermatic, but for me, it would have to be one heck of a deal to go that route.

Reply to
Dave

Some people just like to have everything the same color.

Having the same brand can also mean better customer support, technical advice, compatibility of parts and the best discounts.

In the case of this shop, my guess is the owner is very anal about everything looking the same and looking perfectly new and clean.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I'm guessing it was a Powermatic sales support shop. ~ Something along the lines of a "We can meet all your shop needs" idea. This thought might well be backed up by the apparent non-use of anything.

Reply to
Dave

That would be a good possibility too as IMHO with that much equipment

1,000 sq feet would be entirely too small for a real money making shop. And I think the last place I would put the DC is up stairs, I would not want to be lugging two bags down stairs when it filled.

AND the DC is not Powermatic!

Still it is a great place for some one like me! LOL

Did any one see any Festool???

Reply to
Leon

On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 06:37:38 -0500, Leon

No infeed/outfeed tables. Nothing there for personal use, especially no hand tools. Yup. Some kind of demo setup. I wonder if it and the shop is worth the $175,000 (is that amount right?) that they are asking for it? Wonder if anyone is looking to buy it all?

Might be interesting to watch if there's any interest.

Reply to
Dave

In the areas this place resides, the real estate is pretty pricey and that industrial condo would be a big chunk of the asking price. They make no mention of taxes and condo fees that I saw.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Condo... I saw that and kinda laugh... In Texas that building would be a rented small business location or storage facility.

We generally consider condos to be where you live, a step above an apartment.

Reply to
Leon

Only difference is renting versus ownership.

Watch an episode of" Million Dollar Listing" on Bravo network to see how people buy and sell apartments in NYC. Many cash deals for millions too.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

I been preaching that all my life, brother. Looks nice.

Reply to
Robatoy

Sumptin like that. Something doesn't seem quite right. If one was building anything in there, where would you put it? Maybe somebody had a dream and his wife a different one.

Reply to
Robatoy

No, I think the god awful green conflicted with the god awful yellow!!!

Reply to
Jack

Usually condo means you own the building/apartment, but not the land it's on, which is owned by someone else, or the community, that tells you what color you are allowed to paint "your" condo. Generally, you could furnish it with whatever color tools you want, but you gotta read the fine print, otherwise you might end up with everything being god awful green, particularly if Leon was in charge:-)

Reply to
Jack

There was a great absence of GREEN. :~)

Reply to
Leon

Or perhaps, an EX-wife?

Reply to
Mike-the other one

I'm thinking that either the owner is looking for an edge to move an alligator property, so he staged the shop (dust collector in the loft as far as possible from a door...?), or there's a tool dealer going in on the deal with the owner.

With that setup they could just rent the shop out by the day and probably still make money. Plenty of home woodworkers would love to play with that stuff even if it was only once in a while. Maybe he should go co-op in his condo? ;)

RicodJour