Project Runway/Next Great Chef

I think there should be a Project Runway/Next Great Chef type TV show for woodworkers. Give the 15 woodworkers a budget and a 2 day deadline to design and build something, and eliminate one each week. It would be great.

S.

Reply to
samson

It'll only work if you make them build runways.

Reply to
DJ Delorie

What would design if someone gave you 200 bucks and two days, and asked for a coffee table for a Sante Fe adobe type home?

S.

Reply to
samson

That would be Project Coffee Table, not Project Runway.

No points for you, for missing the joke.

Reply to
DJ Delorie

Wed, Dec 5, 2007, 10:37pm (EST-1) snipped-for-privacy@samson.net (samson) doth query: What would design if someone gave you 200 bucks and two days, and asked for a coffee table for a Sante Fe adobe type home?

That's a no brainer, adobe brick mold.

JOAT Even Popeye didn't eat his spinach until he had to.

Reply to
J T

They called it Warehouse Warriors.

I think I know what you're thinking, though... THAT would be great!

Reply to
B A R R Y

Norm would always win...

He can build anything in just 30 min.

Skip

Skip Williams

$200 and two days... something with 2 x 4's and 10 penny nails comes to mind.

Reply to
Nova

Yeah, rilly. You need to work hot chicks into it. I seen some of you woodworker types. Believe me, the show needs hotties...

Reply to
Jeff

Thu, Dec 6, 2007, 8:00am snipped-for-privacy@bellsouth.net (Skip=A0Williams) doth sayeth: Norm would always win... He can build anything in just 30 min.

So what? Roy can do that, and he doesn't even use power tools.

JOAT Even Popeye didn't eat his spinach until he had to.

Reply to
J T

You're right JT...and Roy usually starts with the tree!

Skip

So what? Roy can do that, and he doesn't even use power tools.

JOAT Even Popeye didn't eat his spinach until he had to.

Reply to
Skip Williams

But Roy is always out of breath and has Band-Aids on his fingers.

Reply to
Frank Drackman

He usually doesn't even bother with the band aids, just bleeds and keeps going.

S.

Reply to
samson

Sponsored by Saw Stop. I'm not sure if the person who trips the saw with a finger would get a bonus (for demo'ing how well works) or get booted off...

Mitch

Reply to
MB

I think Norm could be the first "iron woodworker". Lot's of ideas come to mind.

Montyhp

Reply to
montyhp

A deposit slip and a thank you note.