Problems nailing oak trim

"Al Reid" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

which is a Porter Cable Air Powered Brad Nailah....

Reply to
patriarch

But not as well as a drill bit

Reply to
Battleax

Practice your hammering technique, cheap 3d nails bend easily. Dave

Reply to
TeamCasa

Thanks, Eric. Much better than a rejoinder from me.

That being said, I do know some people do not like them. A friend I loaned mine to recently did not like it when installing shoe moulding. As is said, YMMV. -- Igor

Reply to
igor

Yeahbut the difference in the way a finishing nail will drill in and the way a bit will drill in isn't worth the mention.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

You CLEARLY don't know what you are talking about here.

David

Battleax wrote:

Reply to
David

try cutting the head of a trim nail with side cutters and chucking it in your drill, The nail will drill fine and the hole will always be the right size. -dave

Reply to
Dave jackson

Here we go again, Actually better than a drill bit in small sizes. The small drill bits tend to load up with debris and you have to clean them out. This is not a problem with spinning a small nail.

Reply to
Leon