Problems Cutting OSB

Somehow I'd never used OSB. Had seen how it was made on Modern Marvels, and when I saw some in Lowes for $5+ for a 4X8 sheet, decided I'd try it for the halloween yard art for the grand-dau.

Never saw stuff so hard to cut, much harder than plywood. But, figured the sabre saw blade was old, and dull; looked OK, but tossed it anyway, and put on a brand-new, never used, blade. Still like to beat me to death cutting. Several days passed, and still not all the cutouts cut out.

Later stopped at Wally-World to pick up a couple of things for the dau-in-law, and saw some B&D Pirhana sabre saw blades. I'd gotten a Pirhana blade for my small B&D circular saw quite awhile back. Inexpensive, yes; work well, you bet. So decided to get a pack and try 'em; I didn't even know B&D made Pirhana sabre saw blades. They looked about the same as my other new blade, except for the color, teeth seemed the same. But cut like you would not believe. I cut out the last 3 1/2 cutouts a lot easier, and so much faster, than I did the first cutout alone. I have no idea what the B&D guys did, but whatever it was, it was good. If there's any B&D guys on here, ya dun good.

J T

They probably renamed some of the DeWalt blades. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Add my name to the list of Pirhana circular saw blade fans. They cut fast & smooth, best of all they're cheap.

Reply to
RayV

About what you'd expect compared to the off-brand blades from Big Lots.

Reply to
Larry W

Tue, Oct 16, 2007, 4:07pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@sdf.lNoOnSePsAtMar.org (Larry=A0W) doth sayeth: About what you'd expect compared to the off-brand blades from Big Lots.

Maybe - that is if I'd bought any from Big Lots. The first blades were bought at Ace, and they cut plywood just fine.

I didn't know Big Lots sells sabre saw blades, I'll have to check that out. They work well then?

J T

Apparently some people just don't get sarcasm.

Reply to
LRod

Tue, Oct 16, 2007, 7:44pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@gmail-dot-.com (LRod) doth sayeth: Apparently some people just don't get sarcasm.

Apparently some people just don't get sarcasm ignored.

J T