Prices for objects of wood

I resisted for years, but bit the bullet with this last truck purchase, and found that when Traveling back and forth 500 miles to AR, and being able to stay on the station du jour the entire way without having to continually scan for something worth listening to every 100 miles, was worth the coffee money/month.

Particularly like the coverage, both in content (still love to listen to Car Talk) and in location.

AAMOF, Too bad cable TV isn't more like XM radio...

Reply to
Swingman

My most used feature on my smart TV is the USA Today App--basically like reading the newspaper.

Reply to
Bill

snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

I got bored with the Sirius/XM stations after a few months. We had it as part of Dish's satellite package, and I had it on all the time like a radio. I'm apparently not in their demographic aim.

My solution is to build a music library (from CDs, I refuse "soft ownership" like MP3 downloads) and put it on my phone. The van supports audio over bluetooth (whatever that profile is called ?A2D2?) which means any time I'm in the van the music plays. I get stuff I like, and don't have to keep listening to a station that's more about talking than music.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

On Sunday, December 28, 2014 2:42:41 AM UTC-6, snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com wrot e:

You know, all this talk about comforting one's ear, with music, no matter w hat the occasion.... maybe we should sing to ourselves, sing what we like, at the moment, and not have to worry about tuning in to the best station or whether the next radio song will be suitable.

On a related note: Sometimes, after creating/building a project, someone w ill comment that the idea, workmanship, project is unique... "How do you do that?" I tell them there's a secret, to that kind of woodworking, and, o f course, they want to know the secret. So, (looking both left & right, to make sure no one else is listening) I whisper in their ear, the secret:

So, to solve your working or traveling musical needs, simply "sing" to your selves.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Ditto. I only buy "soft" audio books, which I'm not likely to listen to more than once.

My vehicles are supposed to have this but it doesn't work. Bluetooth devices, whether operational or not, also screw up voice navigation. I have to connect via USB and that's a PITA. On long trips I will put the iPod in the car but for every day it's not worth it.

Reply to
krw

What's the difference? As soon as I buy a CD I dump it onto my computer. With the appropriate software tools, you can burn it back to a CD for your car if you want.

Reply to
Bill

I do pretty much the same. I'll take a regular CD and burn it as MP3 or on a flash drive for the car. It the copy gets damaged in the hot car or gets stolen, loss is minimal.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Bill wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news7.newsguy.com:

I don't trust "trust us, we'll make your purchased license always available". If I've got the professionally made CD, then rebuilding a lost digital collection (as unlikely as that is) is possible even if the company I purchased the CD from is gone.

Plus, if I ever decide I don't like a CD (want a copy of Brian Wilson's Smile?), I can sell the CD later.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Try this.