Presealer for cherry?

I'm not sure exactly what you want or why you want to use it on cherry but a 1 pound cut of dewaxed shellac will serve as a nice washcoat. You can make something close enough quickly by adding one volume of alcohol to one volume of Seal-Coat. This wash coat will minimize blotching or uneven finish aborption.

Good Luck.

Reply to
Baron

What's the project? What's the topcoat? Flexner recommends orange shellac for cherry or walnut for its warm tone. You'll need dewaxed orange if you're topcoating, HD doesn't carry, Woodcraft is overpriced; order off the net.

If you're *topcoating* with shellac (*nothing* looks better on cherry), the waxy orange Zinnser stuff from HD is fine.

Reply to
Father Haskell

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 13:46:54 -0700, Larry Jaques

I'd send you my TS55, but I returned it for an HL50-e. Sorry.

Reply to
Dave

OK. The 75 will have to do, then. I already have a nice hand electric planer.

as well as a stable of Knight and Satanley planes.

-- Win first, Fight later.

--martial principle of the Samurai

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Wed, 27 Jul 2011 09:54:30 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Hell, doesn't bother me. If someone wants to filter me then who am I to complain? The people here whose knowledge and skills that I respect don't appear to have any problem with me and that's all that counts as far as I'm concerned.

Reply to
Dave

Another new name for George Watson?

How many hundred has it been so far, here? I have to stop exposing your phoney ass.

----------------

Reply to
m II

The fact you are being 'haunted' by IT says volumes for *your* credibility. You are annoying the edjut :-) Only yesterday - in Usenet terms - IT thought you well worth some "realigning". Message-ID:

You worked out Josepi/'mII'/Eric/mHo is petrified I may just publish his RL data.. heh george

Reply to
George Watson

The *only* thing you expose with every message is your remarkable lack of intelligence. It's truly a wonder you found out how to turn a computer on.

Reply to
Dave

Hi, I'm teaching myself the proper conditioning procedures for cherry and I need to preseal it. Can anyone recommend a brand of presealer for the cherry? Thanks.

I use a 1/2 pound coat or two of shellac.

Reply to
Tom B

I'm still having problems accessing up-to-date posts. I have no idea if my replies are posting, as no recent posts have shown up, for me. Would someone email me a new link, cedarsonny at aol dot com , to see if that might help me.

I think Flexner, Marks and other references are correct. Seems the basic idea is with the use of an oil, in some capacity, initially. Here's another link that may help:

Sonny