prebuilt decks

Is there any place I can go to buy a prebuilt 10X10 wood deck? Appreciate any ideas. TIA

HC

Reply to
Happy Camper

Lots of places. You don't want one. They are harder to errect than cutting the lumber yourself.

The problem is that lumber is not exact. It bows. It warps. In other ways it gets itself out of shape. When cutting the boards, you can often make adjustments for this sort of thing. When the board is precut, you can't.

Good luck.

Peter

Reply to
peter

84 Lumber has an assortment of deck kits in their weekly newspaper inserts. Lowes has a form on their web site where you fill in the numbers and it prints out a bill of materials for you to take to the store. But it you want it assembled, you'll probably have to hire a contractor.

Bob McConnell N2SPP

Reply to
Bob McConnell

"Precut" is a stretch on terms. Lowes and Home Depot in our area have precut "standard" length boards that "could" be used in a deck. I have never seen a precut deck package at either.

Building a deck with "deck blocks" and 2x6's is not rocket science.

Happy Camper wrote:

Reply to
Pat Barber

I checked with Home Depot and they swore they had no such thing. Will check ot Lowes next. Might just go with a slate patio anyway.

Reply to
Happy Camper