Powermatic T slot

I recently built an outfeed table for my Powermatic 2000. The mitre gauge has t slot runners. Any ideas on how to cut t slots in the outfeed table? I have looked for a router built the size of the t slots but to no avail.

Thanks for any info.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Brown

I believe most people don't bother with actually cutting T-slots into the outfeed table. A dado deep and wide enough to accommodate the runner and T-washer is adequate. At least for me...

FWIW,

Greg G.

Reply to
Greg G

Like Greg said, also there is no need for that T washer and it's function once the miter gauge is no longer hanging over the front of the TS top.

Reply to
Leon

I built mine with a 3-piece top, with panels spaced 1-1/2" apart to create two full length slots, with no routing needed. Easy to make, and I can run longer sleds. Every other extension table I've ever seen has stopped slots. That seems limiting.

Reply to
Father Haskell

Hello Jim, I'm also echoing Greg, Leon, and the Father. Open up your slots to allow any dust to exit from the saw table slots. No need for t- slotting them. Marc

Reply to
marc rosen

I ditch the washers, making the runners square. I'd rather be able to drop an implement into the track than deal with the washers..

Reply to
Bonehenge (B A R R Y)

unanananimous. Make the slots oversized dados, not tees. outfeed table slots have no guiding function. You don't want your mitre gauge (or sled) to bind in them.

jc

Reply to
Joe