Power Saw

Hi,

I have little skills in woodwork

I have just bought a cheap sliding compound saw. All works OK but the saw rips pieces of wood off the wood it is sawing (hardwood). The blade is a 40 tooth tungsten carbide blade. What is recommended for precision cuts

regards

Reply to
The Old Bloke

You need a high quality blade designed for crosscutting. It will probably have more like 65-80 teeth. The blade you have on may be a rip blade.

Frank BTW, you get what you pay for when you shop for saw blades.

Reply to
Frank Ketchum

g'day Old Bloke, coupla things to try:

- put a waste piece underneath and on top as a sandwich,

- are you pulling or pushing the handle (push it),

- try some tape on the top,

What timber are you cutting? Is the saw a GMC or Ozito by any chance?

Reply to
Greg Millen

Oops, forgot to mention - try Frank Ketchum's 65-80 tooth blade recommendation first, I'd only use my suggestions for a few cuts at most.

Reply to
Greg Millen