pour spout for 1 gallon metal can?

Does anyone know where I can get a pour spout for the standard 1 gallon metal can used for thinner, dentatured alcohol, etc?

I've tried the pour the can from the side method...and that still didn't work so great when the can was full. You would think the manufacturers of these things would be smart enough to make a no drip lip, but it's as if they want us waste the product so we buy more!

-joe

Reply to
g20zoom

Virtually any paint store. Probably even the big box stores, although I haven't looked.

Reply to
Travis Jordan

responding to

RoxannVR wrote: Seriously, why do they make the cans that way. I've been spilling half of my paint thinner everytime I go to use it.

Reply to
RoxannVR

Seriously, why do they make the cans that way. I've been spilling half of

I thought this one was long dead. I took one of the "new" laundry soap bottles that my wife emptied. Has a handy push button valve. Holds paint thinner just fine - dispense as needed, sits nicely on a shelf, bright color (All), has not leaked to date, holds more than a gallon. Totally nice.

I've not tried it with lacquer thinner yet, waiting for her to empty another.

Reply to
DanG

"Bob F" wrote in news:jqvo97$hcp$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

That's the trick. Always pour "from the top" because you don't want it to go cluck-cluck. Leave enough space for the air to go into the container smoothly.

Reply to
Han

Unless it is a beer. :-)

Reply to
FrozenNorth

FrozenNorth wrote in news:jr07t3$hn2$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

It's the same for pouring a beer out of a container. How you pour it into yourself is another matter ...

Reply to
Han

Buy that man one ... LOL!

Reply to
Swingman

replying to g20zoom, bmon30 wrote:

here's one !!

Reply to
bmon30

Good job on stealing my idea and patenting it. I posted that on this news group 5-6 years ago or longer.

woodchucker

Strange thing about that imgur link. I *think* it flashed an image of can with a copper spout for a split second, then switched to an image of a band saw. Now all I ever get is the band saw image.

Could imgur be recycling links?

Reply to
DerbyDad03

PLBKAC

Hannah

I still don't understand why that spout image flashed before my eyes (once) before switching to the band saw image.

I now see that the same link was posted by tiredofspam back in 2012, but I never clicked on the link in that post.

It's almost like there was a remnant at imgur that flashed quickly just before woodchucker's band saw showed up.

Very strange!

Reply to
DerbyDad03