Porter Cable Router - 3-1/4 HP Model 7519 Stalls to Stop

When routing raised panels I have had the router slow down and stop. I need to shut the switch off and back on to continue. Has anyone else experienced this problem. I replaced a Freud FT 2000 as I wanted to upgrade my unit. Never had a problem with the Freud. I am a porter Cable fan but I am at a loss with this problem.

Reply to
sdppm

I would take the router apart and blow out the motor and all inside parts that I could get to. I had to do this with a PC 2hp router because in the cabinet it gets a lot of dust. After the clean-up it worked like new again.

Tim

Reply to
tdup2

You might be a Porter Cable fan now...based on their original tools, but I assure you, that the quality has gone down. WAY down. Seems like they never recovered from their profile sander and their pocket cutter.

Reply to
Robatoy
7519, a single speed, runs a little fast for big cutters. Have not seen much brain/microprocessor/soft start failure in the 7519 in my hands. Nonethless, both the 7518 and 7519 Speedmatics, have had their share of electronic problems whilst inverted. You should consider replacement parts; you don't want this starting on its own, should you leave the switch on when it's misbehaving.

(Routers)

pat

I did talk to Porter Cable and ask if they had a problem with this model stopping. They indicated that the circuity is set up so if it draws to many amps is will slow down and stop. It sort of made sence sine I was doing raised panel doors and was donig them in one pass. I never had a problem with the old Freud FT 2000 but this may protect the machine but Its a pain in the , well you know where.

Reply to
sdppm