Porter Cable #505 1/2 sheet sander

Hi all,

I have a Porter Cable 505 half sheet sander and it has always been great to use. Lately it has been skating and jumping all over the place with just a little more than the weight of the sander on the board. Have any of you had the same problem? Do I need to replace the pad or maybe the bearing?

Thanks in advance,

Bruce

Reply to
bikerb422

Maybe a bent motor shaft? Probably it got dropped or set on its side while it was running.

Take it in to a PC service center. This was a common problem with the

505s at a cabinet shop where I used to work. Pretty easy fix, be it bearings or motor parts or pad.
Reply to
Bob the Tomato