Ponderings in the shop

Charlie Self wrote:

Google says brand name Hyalgan, generic Hyaluronic acid. News story:
http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/health/healthwatch/health_072603_knee.html
Drug Encyclopedia Link:
http://members.kaiserpermanente.org/kpweb/drugency/detailpage.do?bodyContainer=/htmlapp/feature/026drugency/content/203531b.html
Was talking to a relative of SWMBO over Thanksgiving who had this done. Those whom it helps, really love it (it helped him). But if it doesn't help you, it apparently does nothing. Glad you found something that helps, Charlie - 5 - 9 pain hasta really put a damper on your sunny disposition. And man I hate being on Vicodin - fuzzy all the time.
-BAT

wonderful
&
post
works
up. I

of
too
Thanks Charlie. I'll look into it. Alternative right now is going for gastric bypass, get rid of about 150lb., then go for new knees.
I try real hard to keep the Vicodin down. 2 in the AM usually keeps me for the day unless I'm "pushing" too hard, then I may have to take 2 more in late afternoon.
--
Nahmie
Norman Crow responds:

Yes. I used to take a 20 day prescrip in 10 days, then do without for 10 days. Kept me from becoming addicted, of course, but sometimes that 10 days without was more than uncomfortable.
Charlie Self "Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy." Edgar Bergen, (Charlie McCarthy)

mine
days
for
days.
without
Talk about feelin' stupid . . My scrip says "1 or 2 every 4-6hr. as needed" on a scrip of 80 pills with 3 refills. I stretched it out to 25 days(thinking I had to make them last a month) and asked pharmacy if they could refill it 5 days early, and they said "Sure, this 80 pills is only a 10 day prescription". AAaaaaarrrrgh! Still don't take them anywhere near that heavy, but do get it refilled every 12-13 days so I don't let the scrip "time out".
--
Nahmie
Norman Crow responds:

And that stuff is expensive, I'm told. I think my 20 day was 120, but might have been 160. Lotsa pills, anyway.
VA cost was remarkable, BB (before Bush). A month's supply was 2 bucks.
Charlie Self "Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy." Edgar Bergen, (Charlie McCarthy)
On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 16:18:02 -0500, "Norman D. Crow"
<snip>

have you tried a rolling chair or stool? I use on my "can't bend" days, and as long as I keep cords and scrap off the floor, it works pretty good.. I scrounged up an old "secretaries chair"... swivel office chair with height adjustment and good back support but no arms..
My problem is lower back, not knees, but I'm sure that the swivel instead of twisting your body would help.. anything that gets me more time in the shop works!!
On 02 Dec 2004 20:09:25 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnotforme (Charlie Self) wrote:
<snip>

that's great news!!!! Having had a back problem for about 20 years, I can honestly say that I "feel your pain" and know exactly what you mean about those rare pain-free times...
"Tom Watson" wrote in message

There should be a corallary to Godwin's Law for that tired old BS. What's "true" is that your own internal estimation of what constitutes "worth a damn" changes, along with your expectations ... everything else remains the same.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 11/06/04

You need to get a grip, Swing. Saying it's bullshit doesn't make it bullshit.
The Steady State Theory sucks.
Regards, Tom.
snipped-for-privacy@TAKEOUTmindspring.com writes:

Conversations happen real-time. There is no need to recap.
Usenet is far from real-time - it may be several days or weeks between visits to a newsgroup. Many newsreaders make it hard or timeconsuming to see prior (already read) posts. Many news spools have retention times less than a week.

A letter is a conversation between two people. A usenet thread is a conversation between many people with some starting with the thread and others entering mid-thread. Context is imperitive.

Why should everyone wade

Only because some idiot at Microsoft decided to place the cursor above the message in Outlook. EVERY SINGLE MAIL USER AGENT prior to outlook used bottom posting as the default.

The the words of the famous Col. Potter - Horsehockey.

Your opinion is noted. It's wrong, but noted.
scott
On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 23:20:43 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:

"Top posting because that is where the cursor happens to be is the equivalent of crapping your pants because that's where your asshole happens to be"
Don't know who I'm quoting, but it was the best commentary I've ever read on the topic.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
(Scott Lurndal)

Damnit! Stop that. You guys - this is s'pposed to be a serious group.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@sprintmail.com

I'm thinking someone on comp.sys.mac.apps, for some reason.

A courtesy, "windex alert!" would have been appreciated. OK, now where are the paper towels?

... and what makes you think I wasn't? I can assure you, I am very aware of the whirling bits of steel.
Amazing,some folks can turn anything into a lecture.

Only once it crossed my mind. I was cutting some cherry that came from Pennsylvania. I found some lead shot in it, well below the surface. It most have been in there for at least five or ten years, maybe more. I wondered if it was used as a backstop for target practice, or if some pheasant was flushed from the brush or whatever.
I still have a piece of that cherry on the bench. Ed