Plywood preservation

Once again, I'm building an outdoor ice rink. Plywood will be placed on edge, and supported with homemade brackets. My question is this: If I use spar urethane on the edges, will using exterior latex paint on the front and back be of any benefit?

Appearance is not critical, as the plywood will be covered with the tarp anyway.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

SonomaProducts.com