Plane handle finishing advice needed

I have a nearly complete smooth bottom Stanley type 11 plane collection ('cept for the #1 and #8). I want to re-finish all of the original rosewood totes and knobs.

I need some advice on what type of finish to use. And if anyone has done this, how you went about it. I'm looking for the original finish type and method I guess.

Thanks in advance! SH

Reply to
Slowhand

You do realize, of course, that refinishing the totes could decimate the value of your collection?

Kevin "Slowhand" totes and knobs.

Reply to
Kevin Singleton

You know, I never considered that. I did consider that about not sanding off the patina that has formed over the years on the metal. SH

Reply to
Slowhand

"Slowhand"

Reply to