Places to go in beautiful downtown Minneapolis this upcoming week?

Heading there for a conference, and as I see it, I have two choices. Get drunk with computer geek cow-orkers, or do some wandering. Or is that not a good idea down there? Wood-working related or not, places of interest would be appreciated...

Clint

Reply to
Clint Neufeld

"Bob Gramza"

All of these are quite far from downtown.

I like the lakes, and surrounding gardens, etc. You can probably still rent a bike around either Harriet or Calhoun. This would be a full day kind of activity.

The Walker Art Center (Museum..) is also pretty cool. The outdoor displays there are pretty famous. There is also a nice park nearby, with food on Hennipen, about 1 mile away. This would take about 4 hours, though I've swept through just the outdoor stuff in under 1 hour. They have a website that should be an easy find.

In the evening, some like the club scene around 1st avenue - youth, music, etc. Riverplace (St. Anthony Main) is also a good night spot with a more restraunts, less kids, dining kind of scene.

I haven't lived there in over 7 years, so all the above may have burned to the ground...

- Nate

Reply to
Nate B

Great old hardware store in St Paul.

Lots of woodworking equipment

There is also a Woodcraft and 4 Rocklers stores.

Scott

vmtw

Reply to
jo4hn