Pirate peg leg

I am amputee, & have googled those,but was wondering has anyone ever made one ? my just regular old plain leg, no fancy movable ankle or foot cost $ 9,000.00 , that includes socket + roll on liner. up to date c-leg ( has micro chip ) cost 40,000 . socket is what u put your stump in & is cast from your stump , usually carbon fibre,

Live long & prosper , Michael Lane

=A0=A0 =A0=A0

Reply to
Blockade Runner

"Blockade Runner"

Got a lathe? Hell, if you're just looking for a peg leg, drive around your neighbourhood and look for a table put out for garbage. Break a leg off it and there you are.

Reply to
Upscale

Best make sure there isn't a caster attached to it.

Reply to
Robatoy

Unless it's a lockable caster.

Reply to
Upscale

See this...

professorpaul

If you're not anti-gun, and don't need concealed carry, how about this type of thing?

RicodJour

Best make sure there isn't a caster attached to it.

Flip down peg, get rolling, flip peg down, put other foot on peg ....

hmmm

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Problem isn't with BKA or AKA to the ground for peg. The problem is if your socket isn't exactly right you'll end up quickly with a painful, bloody mess that won't heal. Google the problems that people sometimes have with one that are to fit. Check local community support organizations.

I am amputee, & have googled those,but was wondering has anyone ever made one ? my just regular old plain leg, no fancy movable ankle or foot cost $ 9,000.00 , that includes socket + roll on liner. up to date c-leg ( has micro chip ) cost 40,000 . socket is what u put your stump in & is cast from your stump , usually carbon fibre, Live long & prosper , Michael Lane

Reply to
Joe