Pinners? PC PIN100 vs. Senco FP10

Anybody got either gun?

The Grex is nice, but I think the two mentioned above will serve my needs. The online reviews I've Googled favor the PC. I have other guns by both brands and like them all.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Reply to
B A R R Y

I spent a whole whack of time looking into these 23ga pinners.

I sorted then into three categories:

1) No-holds barred up to 1"+ pins... (expensive for the little use

gauge nails...maybe someday..

2) A few off-shore units which fail to give me warm fuzzies. 3) That left me with 2 choices: The PC and The Nikle. Now I was told, and read in many reviews that the PC doesn't sink the pin below the surface. That has been resolved and can be retro-fitted with a touch of the grinder. The Nikle is advertised all over for around mid-$200. Craftsman sells the very same unit for around $ 100.00. It is a Nikle. I love mine. I have used it to pin the joints in rail-&-stile 5 pc doors. Very functional and virtually invisible.

Yes folks, you read it here, Rob owns a Craftsman tool.

Robatoy

I forgot to mention... The Senco wasn't an option for me as, the service is too far away. Brothers-in-tools elsewhere are very pleased with Senco stuff.

Reply to
Robatoy

Hadn't heard of the Craftsman/Nikle, so I'll have to check it out.

I love the Senco guns I have, but Google returned far more complaints than the PC. Thanks!

Reply to
B A R R Y

I have had the Porter Cable for about a year now. No complaints, it has performed flawlessly.

Reply to
Charley