Ping Leon - Glasgow Bed

In the Dr's lounge, Tuesday, I was *pass-my-eye on a June 2016 issue of Arc hitevtural Digest and saw this bed.... reminded me of your work.

inish=

The Mag photo bed was a variation of the above linked bed, in that, the Mag photo bed had 2 drawers that pulled out of the footboard.

The Mag's photo was a much better presentation (a bedroom scenario, the way you show us your work), than on the Stickley site (stand alone). The Mag photo also had the accompanying side tables, similar to below (link), but the Mag photo didn't have the lattice work above the side tables.

Anyway, just another thumbs up for your work, comparatively.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

I like Stickley (living room tables are Stickley Mission) but that bed sure doesn't look scream "Mission" style, to me. Looks more "modern" than "mission".

+1 Nice stuff but I can't decide if it's "mission", either. ;-)
Reply to
krw

Thank you Sonny!

Reply to
Leon

Stckley channeled Picasso ... sorta like a Bernie Sanders libertarian.

Reply to
Swingman

Architevtural Digest and saw this bed.... reminded me of your work.

Mag photo bed had 2 drawers that pulled out of the footboard.

way you show us your work), than on the Stickley site (stand alone). The Mag photo also had the accompanying side tables, similar to below (link), b ut the Mag photo didn't have the lattice work above the side tables.

It looks like it's influenced by Charles Rennie Mackintosh, a Glasgow artis t from the late 19th/early 20th century. Here's some of his work - https:/ /tinyurl.com/jph9j2c

Graeme

Reply to
graemedods

I'd call that style "modern", if it weren't 100 years old. ;-) It's contemporary with "mission" but it's rather different. Very interesting.

Reply to
krw