Ping Leon

Why not make your own?

I used a 4 sided carbide cutter insert that came with my planer from Grizzly. Had some wrought iron railing laying around, hacked a short piece off and ground a seat for the carbide insert. Drilled and tapped a hole for the insert, turned a handle and wallah, a nice and easy carbide lathe tool. Saved myself an easy $129 for about an hours (less) of work. Works exactly as expected. Here's a pic if it:

Grizzly sells the cutters in packs of 10 for $37 and since they are 4 sided, should last your lifetime, and your kids and grandkids lifetime as well:

You probably could buy just one for under $5.00. Other cutters in different shapes can be bought all over the place, although probably more money.

Reply to
Jack

Great Idea.

Reply to